Monday, September 14, 2020

Week #4

September 14, 2020

Wow! Its already been a week? That is crazy! Time really does fly by when you are a missionary! Anyways, I am going to be honest, missions are really hard! Especially when you are super homesick! This week I have thought about coming home probably everyday! But there is always something that tells me to stay out here! I know that is the spirit talking to me and saying "come on you can do this!" Or "college is going to stink pretty bad anyways!" This has been the biggest blessing because I don't know what I would do if I came home right now! I have learned one thing about myself...one way to make sure that I am not homesick is that I need to always stay engaged in something and never have any free time! This has helped me so much because it is easier to have joy when you are learning or teaching about the Gospel rather than thinking about home and becoming overwhelmed! I know that the Charlotte, North Carolina mission needs me here and not at home! My dad told me about an awesome quote that he learned on his mission and that is "a ship in a harbor is safe, but that is not what a ship is meant for. You are meant to sail!!" This helped me out so much and I am so grateful for his love for me.  I am thankful for everyone's love for me, it has helped me out here and also helped me to prepare to serve a mission! I love you all, stay safe in Utah:)







1 comment: