Tuesday, February 1, 2022

 January 31, 2022

Hello there! 

This week has been good! It has also had its lows. This week I had to say goodbye to all my friends in Lenoir:( saying goodbye to the ward members and people I have taught was not the hardest part. The hardest part was saying goodbye to the other missionaries. It was so hard saying goodbye to the OGs that where in the Hickory Zone. But the very hardest goodbye far was saying goodbye to Elder Frogley. That kid right there is someone that I will be friends with my whole life! I know that he was placed in my life for a reason. For the past 5 months, we have developed a friendship that can't ever be broken EVER. I love that kid! He made me laugh, even when he would throw things at me Hahaha. Man, I am going to miss him. 
On Thursday, we had transfers and I was transferred to the beloved place of Rock Hill (where I started my mission). Over the past few days before being transferred, I was so nervous to leave and go back to the place that I once dreaded. When I found out I was going back, my heart started pounding because I was so nervous. But now I'm here, I can already see the change. When I first started my mission back in August 2021, I hated Rock Hill.  I came out during Covid and I was homesick, depressed, and had anxiety about everything. For the whole 3-4 months I was out, I could not get the thought out of my head of wanting to go home. Then I had a basketball injury and I ended up going home. I was so happy to go home and see my mom. But I was more happy to go home and get comfortable with the world again. (I was home for 8 months) in this 8 months I was struggling on whether to come back out or not. But also in this 8 months, I had a great time and I would even say I grew closer to the Gospel. Not as close as I would on a mission but still close. I met some wonderful people and got to know people a little better. Now that I am back out, I have absolutely loved it. I am so grateful and happy I made that decision.  It has affected my life forever. Anyways, I know without a doubt that I was sent back here to Rock Hill for a reason and that reason is so God can show me that I can do hard things... that we all can do hard things. We go through hard things to grow and progress. I love this Gospel. I love the key lessons that it has taught me. I love gaining a better testimony of Jesus Christ. But most importantly I love helping and getting to know people. I am so grateful to be back out here serving the Lord and seeing the blessings come. I love you guys. Thank you for supporting me:)
1. Elder Robinson and I
2. Very old lawn mower that I know my dad will think is cool
3. Luckily there is life after death
4. My hand after dunking today
5. Full bike area 
6. Last day with Elder Frogley:(





















No comments:

Post a Comment